Note: For more information on NPRI or MoE Certificates
of Approval, please visit the Library
Most manufacturing operations in Canada are obligated to
report their air, water, and land emissions to the National
Pollution Release Inventory (NPRI); and in Ontario a similar
report must also be sent to the Ministry of the Environment
(MoE). There can be significant penalties for not filing.
Spectrum Environmental provides:
- Over 20 years of experience preparing Certificate of
- A familiarity with diverse industrial processes and the
chemistry behind them; our experience enables us to identify
the critical emissions and report the results accurately.
- Methodologies for determining pertinent process emission
- Recommendations on methods for reducing excess emissions
before the actual submission.
- A personal attention to detail ensures that each report
is unique to each client.
- Peer recognition: The Ministry has used our work to train
- Preparation of the Emission Summary and Dispersion Modeling
(ESDM) reports, and noise assessment evaluations.
- The completion of all necessary application forms.
- Submission of NPRI data onto the OWNERS web site.
It is mandatory in Ontario to have a valid CoA if emissions
are to be made to the atmosphere. The Enforcement Branch of
the MoE has the authority to visit any plant in the Province
and demand to see the CoA. If one does not exist an order
will be served on the Company to obtain a Certificate within
a limited period of time. Non-compliance could result in the
process being shut down.
If you are unsure whether you require a CoA, or you have
made changes to your process and require a new CoA, or have
been directed by the Ministry to obtain a CoA , feel free
to contact us – we will be pleased to give you pointers
as to how you should proceed.